One of the problems today with most internet marketing training courses is that they usually teach one specific marketing tip or trick. Or they teach you some advanced technique that gets really confusing and boggles your mind and never ends up make you any money anyway.
What people need are the basics. The internet marketing basics. Internet marketing training needs to be understand from the beginning. Just like building a house, you don’t start with the roof and start putting decorations and furnishings in it. You have to build a foundation first.
An internet marketing training course should not only cover the basics but it should also discuss ways to build off the basics and add more advanced marketing strategies.
Here is a list of the top 10 items to look for in your search for the best internet marketing training course:
1. Internet Marketing Basics – This is where you should learn about buying domain names, hosting for your website and autoresponders to follow up with potential prospects.
2. Websites and WordPress – You’ll need to understand how to get your pages online and viewable to the world. WordPress is very easy and your training course should also include how to set up your blog for proper seo. This includes choosing and setting up your wordpress themes, selecting wp plugins, integrating wp widgets, how to set up your permalinks structure, how to install your opt in forms, how to add video to your blog, where to get content for your blog, how to make money from your blog, and more.
3. HTML, Thank You and Download Pages – Your internet marketing training needs to help you understand the basics of HTML and how to make changes to your site. Your course should also include examples and ideas of backend and upsells for your thank you and download pages.
4. Sales Pages, Accepting Payments, and Affiliate Programs – Understanding the basics and anatomy of a well constructed sales page is critical. You really need to know how to not only create and edit a simple sales page, but also how to get it online. But once you upload your pages you need to be able to accept payments. Understanding how to set up and add payment buttons and even affiliate programs is key to your success online.
5. Building Your List with Squeeze Pages or Landing Pages - Internet marketing is all about making money online, but you’ve heard the money is in the list. Well this section is an essential part of your training course. Squeeze pages are designed to gather leads for you so you can follow up with them and build relationships. No training is complete without the basics of list building with squeeze pages.
6. Profiting with OTO or One Time Offers – What do you do with the traffic that you already get opting in to your forms and buying from your order or buy now buttons? This internet marketing strategy helps you to increase your sales at the point of sale of at the point of action. OTO’s can get complex which is why your training course should give you step by step instructions.
7. Customer Support Desk and JV Affiliate Support Pages – A customer support desk can greatly increase your customer satisfaction and loyalty by building stronger relationships with your clients and prospects. Once you have your payment and affiliate programs set up you’ll need to create a place for your affiliates to sign up so they can start promoting your products and services and get the tools to help promote you better.
8. Video Marketing and Product Creation – No internet marketing training course should leave out video marketing and product creation. There are many free tools and resources out there but learning which ones to use can be frustrating. But with the right training video marketing can be very easy and one of the best ways of marketing you can use.
9. Making Money With Simple Membership Sites – There are many different ways to create membership programs. Some include the fixed membership where the membership period ends. It could be 3 months or 6 payments or 12 months, etc. Most are familiar with a traditional membership site where members join for a monthly fee and stay a member as long as they continue to pay. But the easiest and least expensive type of membership site is the autoresponder membership site where people join and get their content delivered via email. This can be both traditional and fixed membership sites. Once you figure that out you’ll need to pick your membership software out and then install and configure it. Finally you’ll need to get your content ready for distribution.
10. PLR or Private Label Content – When deciding on your internet marketing training course you’ll want to make sure you learn about private label content. This is an awesome way to make money and have your own private product where you keep 100% of the profits. Your course should give you step by step instructions on setting up your own private label product from start to finish.
When looking to make money online you should always consider internet marketing coaching or an internet marketing training course. There are many to choose from some free and some very expensive.
No matter what option you decide always remember to make sure to look for these top 10 lessons in your internet marketing training course.